Specialized skills are needed to negotiate a transaction involving the development, purchase, sale, or licensing of technology. Expertise in both intellectual property and commercial law is required, as well as business acumen and knowledge of industry best practices. Our Technology Transactions practice helps clients commercially preserve, exploit, and defend their intellectual property assets both domestically and internationally.
We assist clients in developing intellectual property and commercial strategies that protect intellectual property assets, build strong relationships, and meet their business and technology objectives.
We offer an efficient, practical, and results-oriented approach to technology transactions, including:
- Clear and concise written agreements
- Useful and comprehensive legal advice
- Strategic counseling in risk assessment, development of business and licensing models, and protection of intellectual property and technology assets
- Effective and cogent negotiating, with an understanding of industry practices, common pitfalls, and creative solutions
In addition to advising on intellectual property rights allocation and licensing terms, and warranties, we frequently assist clients in establishing the core business terms of their deals.
- asset purchase and sales
- technology transfer
- intellectual property (including due diligence and post-transfer filings)
Select Representative Matters
Represented investor in mobile app development company
Assisted buyer of intellectual property and stock in oilfield equipment company
Represented seller of assets of internet-based affinity/rewards program company
Represented tech services company in its $1.7 million acquisition of Ohio corporation.
Drafted and negotiated employment and agency agreements for foreign agents of U.S. energy company.
Drafted manufacturing agreement for patented furniture products
Negotiated and drafted joint development agreements for software company